Wreckfest gets major Early Access update
Bugbear Entertainment, developer of Wreckfest, delivers the first major update to the Early Access version since it started its cooperation with THQ Nordic in June 2017.
"After some minor delays we are proud to present the first big bang Early Access-Update for Wreckfest. We kept quiet for some time, but only to deliver a great demolition and racing experience now." Roger Joswig, Producer at THQ Nordic. "We introduced numerous new, exciting stuff like a first version of the career mode with 2 championships (for now), a new rival system, a first version of the component damage system, car tuning system and quite a bit more to be honest. We are really looking forward to the feedback from the community."
- 8 new cars
- introducing the first FWD cars
- 2 championships; 5-6 hours of playtime approx.
- music is in the game (straight from the community in cooperation with Audiodraft)
- first version of our Rival System implemented: each race can give rise to your own personal rival (i.e highlighted "enemy"); earn more points (i.e. more progress) by directly confronting this driver on the track
- paint customisation system implemented
- first version of our component damage system implemented
- improved visuals from UI and HUD
- dedicated reset button added
- improved handling of all cars in the game
- wall-collisions improved
- car-collisions improved
- 3 difficulty modes implemented
- overall AI improvements
- engine sounds of 4- and 6-cylinder cars improved
- first version of our envisioned car tuning system implemented
Wreckfest is a new demolition derby themed racing game with soft-body damage modeling, sophisticated driving dynamics and in-depth vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and more traditional track races. It’s all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes.
Expect epic crashes and tight, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line on run-down racing tracks. Expect proper demolition derbies. Expect brand new ways for metal to bend and the signature once-in-the-lifetime moments that can be achieved only with true-to-life physics simulation.It’s a motorsport, but not just any motorsport. It’s a motorsport with attitude.
Wreckfest Website: http://www.wreckfestgame.com/