About THQ Nordic
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna (Austria), and with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, Finland, and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Destroy All Humans, Wreckfest, Titan Quest, Biomutant, Gothic, ELEX, Kingdoms of Amalur and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are (in chronological order, from earliest to most recent):
- Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich (Germany)
- Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona (United States of America)
- Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad (Sweden)
- Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg (Germany)
- Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde (Sweden)
- Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
- Bugbear Entertainment based in Helsinki (Finland)
- Piranha Bytes based in Essen (Germany)
- Gunfire Games based in Austin, TX (United States of America)
- Nine Rocks Games based in Bratislava (Slovakia)
Since July 2018, HandyGames (Giebelstadt, Germany) is part of the THQ Nordic network and perfectly complements the setup of the rest of our group as the new “go to”-publisher for small- and midsized developers and projects. The company has a very strong background in VR and publishing of mobile games.
THQ Nordic & Affiliates are part of the Embracer Group AB, based in Karlstad, Sweden, for more information, please visit https://www.embracer.com