SpellForce 3 Multiplayer Beta live
Battlefield of Dreams
Real-time strategy meets RPG with the launch of the SpellForce 3 multiplayer beta
Munich/Vienna, May 19th 2017: THQ Nordic and Grimlore Games have today launched the first multiplayer beta for SpellForce 3, allowing players to put the fantasy real-time strategy meets RPG hybrid to the test, starting May 19th, 10:00 AM PST.
In this closed beta, developer Grimlore Games aims to finalize the game balancing, answering the kind of questions that keep them up at night, like: are human marksmen too strong, and is it too expensive to train orcish marauders? With player input, the results of the SpellForce 3 multiplayer beta will answer those questions and more, helping to make the game even better when it launches later this year.
The SpellForce 3 multiplayer beta will run for several weeks and receive a number of updates. The human faction will make its initial assault on May 19th, and will be playable on 1vs1-maps, with the orcs arriving a week later. Here ist he planned schedule in full:
- 19th of May: Humans, 1vs1
- 26th of May: Orcs, 1vs1
- 2nd of June: Elves, 1vs1
- 9th of June: all three factions in 1vs1 battles
- 16th of June: all three factions in 2vs2 battle
- 23rd of June: all three factions in 3vs3 battle
- 30th of June: One map from Singleplayer- campaign playable in the beta
Everyone who receives a key, will be able to play 24/7 until the beta ends in July 2017. Keys are given out via various partners from today on!
No clue how to play? Check out this tutorial video:
About SpellForce 3:
- RTS/RPG mix: unique gameplay that combines the genre of a real-time strategy and a top-down roleplay game.
- Create and customise: create your group of heroes and choose a number of different combos with a range of skill structures.
- Boost and command your army: Prepare your troops and fight the greatest of all battles. You can also exploit numerous strategic aspects (e.g. terrain, troop formations, visibility, exploration, etc.), that would make Sun Tzu proud!
- Epic storyline: Unravel a deep and complex plot that eventually leads up to the events that trigger the Convocation ritual, which will change the whole world.
- Extensive universe and lots of loot: Explore the world of Eo, discover intrigues and secrets and collect a whole load of loot for your hero.
- Complex single-player campaign: Over 30 hours of gameplay time, and even more if you’re able to discover everything Grimlore Games has incorporated into the game world.
- Multiplayer: Strong multiplayer component with various modes - play in versus battles with up to 6 Players or master the single-player campaign with a friend in coop mode