The Fall Update for Wreckfest has arrived on PC
Vienna, AUSTRIA / Helsinki, FINLAND, October 24th, 2019: The leafs are falling, the days are getting shorter but Wreckfest keeps on getting more and new exciting stuff. With the big fall update, developer Bugbear Entertainment is adding 2 brand new tracks and a lot of quality of life features to the Banger-racing smash hit.
- Added two new tracks: Drytown Desert and Rockfield Roughspot.
- Optimized loading times.
- Added Steam Achievements. Except for "Rocketeer" (Reach 210 Km/h (130 Mph) With Rocket), already achieved ones will unlock retrospectively upon launching the game.
- Added support for Steam Cloud. Note that the game's save data is now located in "Documents/My Games/wreckfest" (old save data will be copied over in the first-time launch).
- Improved mesh particle culling, improving framerate especially in events featuring large vehicles.
- Glow particles no longer appear completely white.
- Added a third damage mode that some have been requesting: "Intense". This is same as the "Realistic" mode with which the console versions launched, in other words, "Realistic" with attacker's advantage enabled.
- Added an AI Set for Limo.
- Added Big Rig and Limo to the "Special Mix" AI Set.
- Increased Wingman strength.
- Reduced Limo strength slightly.
- Taking the loop on "Deathloop" no longer causes damage to the car.
- Improved Honey Pot panel damage so that panels get detached correctly.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Venom as easily.
- Wheels no longer clip the fenders of Outlaw as easily.
- Lawnmower and other small vehicles are no longer invincible against small to medium nudges.
- Improved AI raceline on various tracks.
- Added improved iconography to the garage user interface.
- Added new, unique icons for armor and visual upgrade parts.
- Added upgrade tier icons for performance parts.
- In career heat races, event specific loading screen is now displayed also between the heats.
- In custom events, the correct AI Set is now displayed after changing the vehicle.
- HUD can no longer appear in the main menu after being disconnected from an online session.
- Health bar no longer appears full when the player has 1 health point left.
- Improved local car prediction precision to reduce input lag.
- Increased maximum allowed prediction time for remote cars to reduce warping with high latency.
- In lobby, the server name no longer overlaps the track name at the top.
- Lobby options are no longer incorrectly grayed out in case the user is in the Tune screen when a track change occurs.
- Idling during an online event no longer results in the player being kicked from the server.
- Added back the "Add Bot" button to lobby.
- Collision effects are more crunchy now.
- In-game modding tools now work again.
- Modifying minimap settings (bag filetype "mise") no longer trickers anti-tamper protection.