Baja: Edge of Control HD coming to PlayStation 4™ and Xbox One
THQ Nordic announces release of the re-mastered off-road racer classic
Vienna, Austria, March 1st 2017: THQ Nordic has announced the release of another updated 2008 classic, Baja: Edge of Control HD, coming digitally and in-stores late Q2 2017.
Originally released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Baja: Edge of Control HD has been re-mastered for PlayStation 4™ and Xbox One with sharp 4K compatibility, a huge selection of vehicles and new environments.
Features of the HD version
- Greater immersion via various graphical improvements including better textures, higher framerate and increased details
- More authentic racing by improved rendering techniques for shadows, lighting and dust effects
- More accessible gameplay due to improved controls, user interface and an easier career start
About Baja: Edge of Control HD
Baja: Edge of Control HD is the carefully remastered version of the original off-road racer from 2008 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This truly unique game contains more than 1,000 miles of the toughest terrain Mother Nature has to offer, including the steepest mountains, thickest mud and deepest canyons known to man.
Only the HD version features much crisper and more detailed visuals running at super smooth framerates in up to 4K screen resolution.
With countless sponsored vehicles in eight classes, including Trophy Trucks, 4x4s and buggies, Baja: Edge of Control HD features a full array of upgradeable options with hundreds of authentic parts that affect each vehicle's performance.
Players will put their off-road machines to the test in near-vertical Hill Climb challenges, head-to-head Open Class races, circuit races and the ultimate off-road endurance challenge: the Baja! Baja: Edge of Control HD contains more than 100 tracks across all landscapes in races that can last up to four hours.
The game's vehicle physics deliver authentic handling, and a support management system that allows gamers to monitor and repair realistic vehicle damage as fenders fly, tires are blown, suspension is stressed and engines overheat.
- 4 player split screen and online multiplayer
- Dozens of vehicles to choose from
- Monitor and repair vehicle damage via truck and helicopter teams
- Authentic vehicle physics respond to any bumps and ruts you drive over
- Numerous, authentic vehicle parts to help fine-tune the performance of your off-road machine
- More than 100 tracks, nine open worlds and 1000 miles of drive-to-horizon landscape
- Lots of different events, including Hill Climb, Baja Endurance Races, Closed Track Races and more
- Free roaming gameplay: drive as far as you want and find hidden tracks, jumps and more off-road madness