Video Editor, THQ Nordic, Vienna
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve. For this, we are looking for a Video Editor. As a Video Editor at THQ Nordic, you will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing marketing videos and trailers for internal and external purposes.
- To produce professional quality video edits, both independently and as part of a team.
- Cutting and editing recorded footage to create trailers with a strong narrative and engaging advertisement content.
- Working side by side with the content creators to produce engaging video content and collaborating with the marketing team.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Assist at recordings in the green screen studio (DIT, media offload, backups, technical QA).
- Communicate clearly with Supervisor, lead editor and key stakeholders (producer, director, audio engineer, graphics team) to ensure successful handoffs throughout the postproduction process.
- Actively maintain awareness and education of the latest trends, techniques and tools related to editing and post production.
- Provide editorial support for contractors/vendors.
- Assist and oversee all technical aspects of video and audio recording and editing.
- A recent graduate, preference given to candidates with a degree in communication design, media, video or related field OR 1+ years of professional video editing experience.
- Solid experience in Adobe After Effects, Davinci Resolve and Premiere Pro (cut, edit, chroma key, rotoscope, basic VFX, animating with After Effects – keyframing, masking, shape layers, media rendering).
- Gaming background (PC, consoles) desired.
- A keen eye and good taste for visuals and design.
- Basic color grading ability.
- Knowledge in sound editing.
- Passion for creative storytelling for technical content through video & design.
- Strong collaboration skills and positive attitude.
- Must be self-motivated and driven.
- Strong communication skills in English (written and oral).
What we offer:
- A payment according to your personal qualifications and experience, but a bare minimum of EUR 35.000,- gross annual income based on the official national "Kollektivvertrag" (independent of number of school years, final degrees and former employment). This figure should be seen as a minimum, a market-based competitive salary is guaranteed.
- The opportunity to join an internationally renowned company in a fast moving business sector.
- The opportunity to work with a motivated, ambitious, multi-national team and to cooperate with many colleagues, functions and units across THQ Nordic.
- 25 days holiday.
- Flexible Office-Hours.
- State of the art offices in the heart of central Vienna.
If you’re interested in this position, please send us your application, including your cover letter, resume and portfolio to PDJobs@thqnordic.com.
Due to GDPR-regulations, the application documents received by THQ Nordic will automatically be deleted six months after receipt of the application (more information here: https://thqnordic.com/legal/privacy).